Are you looking to transform your concrete
Spray Texture Coating: An Overview
Spray Knockdown Texture is a type of resurfacing material that is sprayed onto a concrete surface instead of poured and spread. Splatter, Knock Down, Sprayed Texture Concrete is often found around pool decks and large outdoor patios and walkways. Using a hopper gun, the coating is sprayed causing splatters of the material on the concrete slab. These splatters are then knocked down with a hand trowel just enough to flatten high peaks. This create an interesting texture that is somewhere between an orange peel and stucco texture. The texture helps the surface stay cool for bare feet in the hot sun and creates a functional anti-slip surface for wet areas. This texture is most often installed on top of a skim or bond coat and can then be coated in any color similar to a painted surface top while providing a sealed, consistent floor finish.
Advantages of a Spray-Texture Concrete Resurfacing
There are many reasons why a spray-down system is highly preferred by property owners. Some of the most notable are:
- Slip-resistant – The knockdown texture provides proper traction, making it safe from slipping accidents.This is why it is ideal for around pool decks.
- Economical – In the past, damaged concrete is resolved by a complete replacement. This coating allows the existing slab to have a new look and more durable surface at a fraction of the cost of a re-pour.
- Heat-reflective – Concrete absorbs heat. A spray texture reflects it. This means the surface is a lot cooler underfoot even after being exposed to sunlight for hours.
- Cool Feature – It has a cool feature that keeps the surface literally cool despite long exposure to heat and sunlight. The texture creates air pockets that allow cool air to circulate.
- Low Maintenance – Cleaning outdoor surfaces can be quite challenging. With knockdown texture on concrete, surfaces are resistant to dirt and stains so expect cleaning to be a piece of cake.
DO YOU PROVIDE FREE ESTIMATES?
Yes we do! During the estimating stage, it is a great time for us to find out your needs and present the best options to fulfill them.
IS DECORATIVE CONCRETE ONLY FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS?
No! In fact many of projects are renovations that will leave you with a brand new beautiful floor.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BEGIN MY NEW CONSTRUCTION FLOORS WITH MAJESTIC CONCRETE?
For new construction projects, we begin after the building is dried in, but before spray insulation or drywall. There are times when we have exceptions to this rule; i.e. , scheduling conflicts, contractor commitments, etc.
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE MAJESTIC CONCRETE BEGINS MY PROJECT?
Once we begin the process of cleaning and prep, it is IMPORTANT that nobody except our crew have access to the area. If this area is a high traffic area, it is sometimes better to find a temporary living arrangements until the project is complete.Once the project is sealed and dry, the project is turned back over to the customer for full access.
FOR A RENOVATION, WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Before we arrive the customer must make sure the area is cleared of anything on the floor, i.e. furniture, boxes, plants, etc. For interior project the baseboards should be removed, or at a minimum the shoe moulding should be removed so that we are able to get as close to the walls as possible.
WHAT ABOUT ANY CONSTRUCTION MODIFICATIONS LIKE TRANSITION STRIPS AND MOULDINGS?
Majestic Concrete is not responsible for anything construction wise besides the flooring. We do not take care of baseboards, shoe moulding, transition strips, painting, paint touchup, etc. This should all be handled by the homeowner before and/or after we are complete.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL?
On average it takes 2-3 days for most jobs but the size and scope of the job can add additional days.
Get a Free consultation and estimate today
Let's discuss your next decorative concrete project!
Contact Us Today
M-F: 8am - 5pm